With so many options during the year and even during the week of the USP Showcase, you may be wondering, what separates this showcase from other recruiting events?
So, we want to share with you some facts about our event and feel free to confirm with other events to see how it compares. I believe this way you will make an educated decision of the Showcase that will be more productive for you or your son/daughter.
- Experience: this year's event will be the 15th Edition of the USP Winter Showcase.
- Organization: USP, one of the most regarded college recruiting companies in the world with over 25 years of experience. Trusted by College Coaches.
- Amount of Coaches: 118 College Coaches participated in the 2018 edition, USP will provide access to all confirmed coaches contact info to allow players to communicate with them in advance to the Showcase. USP will only announce college coaches that have firmly confirmed their attendance.
- Location: Taking place in Naples Florida at an award-winning facility The Sanchez-Casal Tennis Academy with over 32 Courts to accommodate and provide more matches to players.
- Format of Playing: This is not a tournament, Every player will live the college tennis experience to its fullest! During the showcase, players will be representing their own "college team". They will play singles and doubles format adding points to their team.
- Matches: Players are guaranteed to play three Singles UTR Verified matches (up to 4 games and with a third set tiebreaker) and two doubles pro sets to 8. A team will be named the winner of the event and receive a prize.
- College Coaches Expo: USP organizes the only College Coaches Expo, Coaches will have their own table for players to sit with them and interact in a unique way.
- Seminars / Simultaneous Events: USP will have nonmandatory Talks to enhance the event these are organized by:
- Winward Academy: Will provide a free trial to its award-winning platform.
- Online Athlete: A unique online sports performance program with strength and conditioning, nutritional and psychological support allowing athletes to better transition to college.
- Pro Tennis: Talk about the necessary tools to have to make it as a pro player by Emilio Sanchez (Grand Slam Winner)
- College Tennis Q&A: Headed by ITA Hall of Famers Dave Fish (Harvard) and Rex Ecarma (Louisville)
(9) Due to taking place 5 minutes from the ITA College Convention and sandwiched between Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl, we expect to have a record number of coaches. Every year over 300 college coaches participate in the ITA Convention.
(10) College Coaches of high-level schools participate in the USP Showcase mainly because they recruit difference-makers there. The following players participated in these past years:
- Fernanda Labraña - University of Texas - Austin
- Carles Sarrio - Auburn / SMU
- Maria Linares - Kansas State University
- Kinah Motosono - Oklahoma
- Francisco Bastias - University of Miami
- Dorothea Hviding - Texas A&M
- Sebastian Quiros - William & Mary
- Simen Bratholm - Northwestern
- Slade Coetzee - College of Charleston
- Mateo Vereau - BYU
- Patrick Sydow - Memphis
- Helene Heiberg - Richmond
I recommend asking these questions and consider transparency, honesty, and most importantly the feedback of players and coaches who participated in previous events. We are confident that by doing this you will see how the USP Winter Showcase differentiates from others and why we consider ourselves to be the standard when it comes to College Recruiting events.
For more information and to sign up, go to showcase.universitysports.com
Looking forward to hearing back from you,
The USP Team